Why choose our Financial Services Technology and Payments lawyers?
We have decades of experience supporting financial sector firms and their suppliers, including advising on the regulatory impacts of rolling out new technologies and cross-border work. We understand that financial firms are technology-driven and highly regulated. Our clients are under unique pressures to innovate, respond to cost pressures and meet the highest standards for performance.
Our team offers deep expertise in implementing financial technology platforms and new products in areas as diverse as share and bond dealing, back office systems and fintech. We also support a wide range of traditional outsourcings, cloud and SaaS contracting and technology consulting. As well as contractual support, we regularly work with clients on their internal risk assessments and communications with the regulators on new projects. We focus on delivering pragmatic solutions to the legal, operational and regulatory challenges of technology implementations in critical financial services environments.
Equally, we support suppliers to the financial sector in understanding financial services customers and how to provide viable, compliant solutions. Our insights into the customers' and suppliers' perspectives helps us bridge gaps and conclude transactions more swiftly.
As payment services unlock new opportunities nationally and internationally, our team has a strong practice in this particular area. Our experts guide clients through the regulatory maze and the commercial and technology transactions which support them. For businesses who are keen to remain outside the regulatory perimeter, we can provide guidance on how to minimise regulatory risk, without compromising on the commercial objectives.
Notable deals and highlights
- Advising a regulated investment exchange on a fintech joint venture, including set-up, technology, regulatory impacts and changes to their terms of membership.
- Acting for a major payment services provider on its FCA authorisation application
- Advising numerous fintech and digital services providers on compliance with EBA/FCA/PRA outsourcing guidelines/requirements
- Advising a digital bank on its outsourced core banking system development and roll out
- Advising a digital bank on placing its core banking systems on the Google cloud (the first UK bank to do so)
- Acting for numerous non-financial firms on whether they are regulated in relation to payment services including for example for a global digital entertainment provider on its payment/gift cards programme across Europe and beyond
- Advising a leading fintech solution provider on its commercial transactions and regulatory issues
- Advising a US payment services provider on its roll out of new contract frameworks for its European business
- Advising a UK bank on its core banking outsourcing to a Middle East provider
- Advising a number of global banks on setting up a bond trading platforms and back-office bond settlement outsourcing
- Advising a leading UK based bank on a series of strategic outsourcing programmes
Sign up to our email digest