Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom
European law firm Fieldfisher has published its guide to the "Greenification of Road Transport", covering eight jurisdictions across Europe.
In this guide we address key regulations that apply to the following areas in respect of road transport:
- Technical specifications for zero and low-emission vehicles across all the main categories of alternative/non-fossil fuels;
- Charging and refuelling infrastructure provision;
- Subsidies and incentive schemes for manufacturers and purchasers (individual and corporate) of zero and low-emission vehicles;
- Technical standards and data sharing issues affecting charging infrastructure;
- Safety issues concerning the manufacturing and maintenance of zero and low-emission vehicles; and
- Battery production and recycling.
Fieldfisher works with clients at different stages of the green transport sector supply chain across every jurisdiction in which the firm has offices.
The majority of our work is in Europe (the EU and the UK), which is emerging as a global leader in low-emission vehicle adoption. This guide looks at green vehicle policy and legislation in the following countries:
This has created a complicated patchwork of legislation that presents stumbling blocks for the smooth growth of greener transport, particularly for businesses with cross-border commercial ambitions.
These regulatory inconsistencies can nevertheless be surmounted with good advice and expert local support.
This guide aims to explain the greener road transport context in each of the jurisdictions covered to help businesses assess the regulatory (and therefore commercial) potential of each market and decide how best to access these opportunities.
Please download a copy of the report and ask us for the latest information on any of the regulatory and fiscal areas outlined in this guide and for details on supplementary issues such as intellectual property, financing, real estate, competition rules, cross-border trade matters or disputes.
DOWNLOAD: Greenification of Road Transport – The future of clean mobility in Europe
Sign up to our email digest
Click to subscribe or manage your email preferences.