Fieldfisher has announced the appointment of Simon Coles as a partner in its finance practice. He joins Fieldfisher on 5 January 2015. Simon’s experience encompasses acquisition and leveraged finance, syndicated lending, restructuring, asset based and real estate lending and alternative forms of debt finance. Simon has a particular focus on Nordic banks, emerging markets and on borrowers from across the credit spectrum.
Simon joins from TLT LLP where has been a partner since 2012. Before that, he spent over 4 years with Allen & Overy, 6 years with Simmons & Simmons and several terms lecturing in Debt Finance and Business Law at BPP.
Simon's recent deals include advising;
- a large number of European investment and clearing banks on Nordic region and emerging market syndicated and export-credit backed loans
- a large scale European restructuring in the aerospace sector
- BGL Group Limited in relation to its syndicated revolving credit facility and conduit securitisation facility
- an emerging markets bank in relation to its highly exotic distressed debt portfolio
- a corporate borrower in the recruitment and student accommodation sectors in relation to their structured financing
- two large UK retailers in connection with their syndicated facilities and subsequent restructurings
- a captive finance provider in connection with the restructuring of their debt facilities to a Middle-Eastern borrower
- a tech start-up in relation to their entering into of the corporate lending market as a financier
Fieldfisher's Finance Group provides expert advice on a wide variety of international and domestic banking and finance transactions, including acquisition finance, asset finance, bank reorganisations, business recovery and insolvency, derivatives, financial disputes, financial regulation, funds finance, private banking and wealth management, real estate finance, receivables and asset based lending, structured finance, tech finance and trade finance.
Andrew Evans, head of the Finance Group at Fieldfisher, said:
"We are very pleased to welcome Simon to our busy Banking and Asset Finance Team where his expertise and particular focuses will add strength and depth to our practice."
Philip Abbott, head of the Financial Institutions sector group at Fieldfisher, added:
"I am delighted Simon has joined the firm and I wish him great success. He will make a great addition to our growing financial offering to clients. Simon is a high quality banking partner who will help continue the growth of our business with Financial Institutions, particularly banks and alternative lenders."
Sign up to our email digest