Our medical negligence solicitors specialise in gynaecological negligence claims and have successfully achieved maximum compensation for clients suffering gynaecological injury.
The most common types of gynaecological claims arise from complications associated with surgery. Gynaecological claims arising out of procedures that can lead to injuries through incompetence or negligence include:
- Total abdominal hysterectomy claims
- Laparoscopic sterilisation claims
- Pelvic floor repairs claims
- Dilatation and Curettage (D&C) claims
Injuries can include:
- Incontinence following surgery
- Perforation of the uterus during the insertion of a contraceptive coil
- Failed sterilisation
- Damage during laparoscopic investigations or surgery
- Injury to bladder, bowel or uterus during hysterectomy
- Unnecessary hysterectomy following a caesarean section
- Defective consent to medical procedures
- Infection resulting in loss of childbearing potential
Other gynaecological errors
Other injuries can arise from different types of gynaecological treatment, including contraceptive procedures, termination of pregnancy and surgery.
Side-effects relating to injected hormone contraceptives may also occur - and where contraceptive devices are fitted or termination occurs, there may be perforation of internal organs.
In some cases failure to diagnose certain conditions, such as cervical cancer, can have tragic consequences.
Browse our recent gynaecology surgery negligence cases.
Latest news and insights
Read the latest news and insights from our medical negligence team.
Medical Negligence Review
DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE REVIEW, FEATURING OUR CASE HIGHLIGHTS OVER THE PAST YEAR.Download
Awards and recognition
We are recognised in all the leading legal directories and regularly win industry awards for our work with clients.