Why choose our Compliance lawyers?
Our Paris Compliance team is made up of lawyers with transferable skills in banking and finance, corporate, competition, employment, health, safety and environment and fundamental freedoms. This means clients benefit from a joined-up offering, that can conveniently provide advice one a range of matters in one service.
We combine the specialized skills of our lawyers and apply them to the client's regulatory requirements in France as well as in Europe.
Our assistance includes the analysis and adaptation of corporate governance models, implementation of compliance policies and vigilance plans. On a day-to-day basis we can also provide assistance on changes and developments in the legal framework (e.g. the scope of legal professional privilege, which is currently under discussion in France).
We support companies
on subjects related to:
- Implementation of the Sapin 2 Law: drafting of codes of conduct and internal rules, implementation of warning systems, risk mapping, evaluation and control procedures, implementation of training and awareness-raising programmes, disciplinary sanctions and interest representation.
- GDPR: implementation, conducting impact assessments, contracting of relations between controllers, general security obligations and models and domain names, transfer of data outside the EU and management of sensitive data.
- Duty of vigilance: drafting and implementation of vigilance plans , risk mapping, implementation of procedures for evaluation and control of measures, development of appropriate risk litigation and prevention actions, implementation of warning and reporting systems.
- Competition-related compliance: Internal audit in the event of competition investigations and "simulated" competition investigations, drafting of compliance schemes, competition awareness schemes, drafting of codes of conduct.
- Assistance in the implementation of guidelines in regulated sectors such as health, environment, banking and finance, legal, telecoms and energy: audits and assistance in the event of control by the authorities.
- Sanctions: Drafting disciplinary procedures, assistance in relation to the administrative and judicial authorities in charge, assistance in the event of sanctions from authorities, damages and injunctions under penalty in matters of Duty of Vigilance.
Our assistance includes, among other things, the analysis and adaptation of corporate governance models, the implementation of compliance policies, vigilance plans, etc. On a daily basis, we can also assist you with the evolution of the legislative framework (in particular, for example, on the extent of professional secrecy which is currently under discussion in France).
Fieldfisher is a member of the Cercle de la Compliance (https://www.lecercledelacompliance.com/), a unique network of compliance professionals, as well as a corresponding member of the Association Française de la Gestion Financière (The AFG, https://www.afg.asso.fr/en/), participating in several commissions.