Why choose our Investment Funds Tax Lawyers?Our range of expertise means we can approach a variety of client challenges with confidence. We regularly advise a range of investment management businesses on various tax issues to consider when structuring investment funds, both at fund and investor level, offering clients innovative, pragmatic and tax-efficient solutions.
In addition, because tax is also an important consideration when implementing various schemes of reconstruction involving investment funds, our team provides strategic advice in this area, including advising on stamp duty and stamp duty reserve tax issues arising from the merger of investment funds.
Investors looking for bespoke, quality tax advice and dedicated client service can rely on our tax advisers to protect their investments.
Notable deals and highlights
- We advised on the merger of two offshore funds and arranged new legislation to permit the merger of a non-reporting fund with a reporting fund without crystallization of offshore income gains.
- We advise on methods of mitigating income tax on individual limited partners in property limited partnerships.
- The team has advised on the conversion of property funds into PAIF.
- We advised on all UK tax aspects of the merger of UK AIF into a sub-fund of an overseas umbrella fund.
- Our team formed part of a HM Treasury tax group concerning FAIFs.
- We worked with HM Revenue & Customs on an industry practitioners' sub-committee considering the implementation of FATCA in the UK.