Why choose our Outsourcing lawyers?
Contracting processes are crucial
At Fieldfisher we consistently handle a large variety and volume of outsourcing and technology-enabled projects in many areas such as: the following:
- IT: applications development & management, networks, desk-top services, data centres, core banking technology, robotic process automation and security.
- Business process: retail & logistics, finance & accounting, contact centres, HR, pensions, real estate services, facilities management, warehousing & distribution, and other business processes.
- Digitisation and Critical Projects: digital transformations, infrastructure upgrades and other network rollouts and upgrades.
We support businesses that are expanding or consolidating their operations and looking to drive efficiencies and impact the bottom line through their sourcing and supply chain strategies. This includes setting up offshore centres, shared services centres, new ERP and other core systems, implementing automation and supporting clients on their commercial contracting strategies.
We have specific sector expertise in technology, financial services, communications, retail & logistics, real estate, FMCG and across the widest range of other sectors and functions.
Our European team has first-class methodology, expertise and practical deal skills that have helped clients close incredibly varied deals - from small, tactical implementations to multi-billion pound projects. We are adept at creating practical contracting structures to support complex multi-party sourcing programmes, and understand how contract mechanisms can be used to drive commercial value and support successful delivery.
Working with us
Doing the deal
is just the start of the story when implementing key IT and business solutions.
With our advice, we help our clients focus on the risks and opportunities that
really matter to them, with the aim of setting them up for long term success.
At their heart,
sourcing projects rely on effective change management and governance structures
to succeed, requiring a close interface with the business and project teams on
both sides of the supply chain. Given the long-term nature and outlook of
critical sourcing and technology projects, there needs to be a flow of value
and trust both ways.
with clients doesn’t end on contract signature – we remain involved with
clients throughout the contract lifecycle, including advising on project change,
contract variations, re-negotiations and even devising competitive bid
processes to re-let contracts.
We are also
experienced in complex changes and project rescues and regularly support on
projects in distress. We regularly work alongside litigators, from recovering
delivery to disruptive events such as supplier financial failure, natural
disasters, pandemics and crises.
Whitepaper: Sourcing for Success
We hear from our clients that strategic sourcing is a key priority. During these uncertain times, there are a number of technological, geo-political, and social drivers that are causing business leaders to consider the need for transformation. As a result, many businesses will be looking at internal and external services and functions and considering whether they are still structured appropriately to support the business' strategic drivers.
Unfortunately, we're still seeing some organisations taking approaches to sourcing which don't best serve their overall strategy.
To help companies get the best out of their sourcing,
Chris Eastham of Fieldfisher's Technology & Data Team looks at some of the
major obstacles to sourcing success as well as tips for improving sourcing
efficiencies and ultimately reaching those important strategic goals.
Notable Deals and Highlights
- We advised NS&I on its £660m second generation business process outsourcing to Atos.
- We advised Deutsche Bank on its global telecoms outsourcing improvement programme.
- We advised a Tier 1 Outsourcing Provider on over 50 separate outsourcing deals, including a £300m transformational outsourcing project involving Lloyd's Banking Group.
- We advised the BBC on numerous separate outsourcing projects including core IT services, finance and accounting services and the Newsroom computer system.
- Also, check the latest Outsourcing submissions in the legal directories for example projects.
See the lastest Outsourcing news and views
Sign up to our email digest