Why choose our Asset Finance lawyers?We act for investment banks, specialist lenders and funds, as well as for ultra-high net-worth borrowers, on bespoke cross-border deals in connection with the financing of assets including aircraft (corporate jets), yachts, portfolios of art and real estate. Our experience of advising on a variety of mandates ensures we can assist clients with any issues they face.
We have particular strength in aviation finance (including pre and post-delivery financings and lease transactions) and shipping finance. The breadth of our client relationships enables us to see issues from all angles whilst the specialist knowledge and experience of our team enables us to provide dynamic and innovative advice.
We have also developed considerable experience in the specialist area of art finance, working on transactions ranging from loans against single paintings to loans against portfolios of art and antiques in multiple jurisdictions.
Notable deals and highlights
- We acted for a US investment bank on a USD 60,000,000 revolving facility secured against a portfolio of high-value artworks owned through a Jersey trust and located in Switzerland and the US.
- We acted for a US investment bank on a facility to finance the purchase of a Dassault Falcon 7X aircraft registered in Portugal.
- We acted for a BVI borrower in relation to the purchase and pre-delivery financing by a Swiss lender of a 83 metre Dutch new build yacht (Cayman flag), with a purchase price of EUR 120,000,000.
- We acted for a US investment bank on a EUR 19,500,000 facility to refinance the purchase of a Cayman flag motor yacht, ultimate owned by a Ukrainian individual.
- We advised a US investment bank in relation to the restructuring of a secured USD 800,000,000 margin facility.