We aim to help maximise profits and maintain project cash-flow, while reducing risk and liability for our clients. Operating a fully integrated team across our three UK offices and our European and international network, our experts deliver effective in-depth counsel and unparalleled service wherever our clients need it.
Why choose our Non-Contentious Construction lawyers?Our lawyers advise across numerous key sectors with particular expertise in major PRS, student accommodation, hotels and healthcare as well rail, utility and energy infrastructure schemes. We are experts in all standard forms of contract, including the JCT, NEC, FIDIC, ICE and IChemE suites of contract, bespoke EPC and other construction contracts, as well as professional body forms of consultant appointment.
We have been involved in some of the UK's largest construction and infrastructure projects, helping our clients deliver them efficiently by not over lawyering and adopting commercial negotiating positions. We also have particular expertise in advising on African infrastructure and mining projects. We focus on the issues which have a real risk or pricing implication, providing practical advice in plain English allowing our clients to understand, mitigate and manage those risks.
To our contractor clients we offer fixed price contract reviews in your chosen format and following execution, we are used to providing reviews and summaries of key documents and processes as well as providing continued support through project delivery.
Where required we are able to draw on the expertise of other specialists to advise in areas such as real estate and planning, finance, public procurement and tax. This gives our clients a wider range of expertise in one cost-efficient service. Our experience allows us to identify and manage risks, remove obstacles and make sure our clients to deliver projects on time and budget.
Notable deals and highlights:
- We advised AstraZeneca on the building contracts and sub-contracts for the new global Research and Development facilities in the Cambridge Biomedical Park, including a new Energy Centre.
- We supported Imperial College London on its procurement strategy in relation to its existing estate and the development of the White City site.
- Our team provided successful tender support, negotiating contracts and delivered ongoing advice to main contractor clients in connection with nuclear facilities including Capenhurst, Hinkley Point and the £4.5bn Programme and Project Partners procurement at Sellafield.
- The team assisted Stoke City Council and provided transactional support in relation to the first large scale low carbon heat network system in the UK.
- We advised a major energy company on a new LPG gas storage facility at Avonmouth.
- We advised a leading UK main contractor in connection with the development of a world-leading air freight facility at Heathrow airport.
- The team has acted for a leading UK contractor client in connection with the multi-million pound East Coast mainline improvement programme.
- We negotiated the Design, Build and Operate contract with the SPV for our main contractor client on the construction of a major new toll road.
- We advised on the £70m mixed use development of the site of the former Kingston Power Station, including 56 affordable homes, 81 luxury private apartments and a hotel.