One of the surprising consequences of the UK’s Net Zero legislation is that the drive for decarbonisation is being driven more by industry and people than government.
Ongoing delays with respect to the government's long-awaited Energy White Paper are symptomatic of the lack of policy direction.
This has led industry to make its own plans.
In Fieldfisher's latest energy white paper "Decarbonising energy: Opportunities and obstacles on the road to Net Zero", our energy experts:
- Assess the scale of the Net Zero challenge;
- Consider what policy factors affect the UK's ability to reach Net Zero;
- Preview anticipated UK energy regulatory reforms;
- Examine the role oil and gas companies are playing; and
- Look at how businesses and consumers can drive the UK towards its energy goals.
Many technologies and all parts of industry and society have a role to play and there are considerable opportunities for businesses to contribute to and participate in commercially successful solutions to the Net Zero challenge.
For more information, please download the white paper -corporate power purchase agreements and interconnectors.
Sign up to our email digest