Why choose our Product Liability lawyers?Our specialists regularly handle a variety of product liability issues, including those involving industrial equipment, medicine and medical devices. We provide, fast, discrete assistance where product recall or other corrective measures are considered necessary in response to concerns about product safety. We can also assist with reputation management and provide support on crisis communications and dealing with the press.
provide regulatory assistance as well as advice on product liability disputes.
This includes liaising with Trading Standards and other regulatory authorities
and attending interviews under caution with directors and senior managers of
the producer concerned. Our team is also highly experienced in defending civil
litigation arising out of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 and in common-law
negligence in the UK.
extensive European network means we have experience of product liability claims
across the continent. Although the European Directive on Defective Products
1985 has been transposed into domestic law in most European countries, our
lawyers can advise on the nuances of the different EU frameworks for product
liability, tailoring our approach according to the jurisdiction.
Notable deals and highlights
- We represented pharmaceuticals laboratories and manufacturers of medical devices in respect of allegations that defective medicine or medical devices posed a risk to patient safety.
- We represented numerous manufacturers of industrial equipment in actions by end users.
- We advised various organisations in dealing with investigations and prosecutions by regulators.
- We acted for one of the world's largest retailers in relation to product safety issues arising from sales of its products.
- We advised a major European engineering business on product safety issues arising out of its construction and engineering business.
- We defended a multinational technology company in product liability claims surrounding a defective product.
- We completed an internal investigation for a security company and advised on product liability and other corrective measures following their product being found to be in contravention of safety regulations.
Latest Product Liability news and views
Sign up to our email digest