Why choose our Energy and Natural Resources lawyers?
Fieldfisher has been active in energy and natural resources for over 50 years.
Our specialist lawyers offer a full service practice with expertise in oil and gas, conventional power, renewables, mining and energy commodities. We also bring market-leading cross-sector capabilities at the nexus between energy and new technology.
Adopting a client-centred approach across our European network, we work in compact, partner-led teams to deliver a focused and personal service and use alternative costing solutions to give clients the value and flexibility they expect.
Whether the issue at hand relates to fundraising, debt financing, M&A, portfolio acquisition or divestment, project development or regulatory advice – our expert team has the in-depth sector knowledge and industry experience to deliver first-rate, dynamic advice.
From the largest energy and mining companies, debt providers and financial investors through to mid-size and smaller operators in conventional energy, mining, renewables and new technology, we provide a comprehensive service across the sector.
We act for clients based across a range of key jurisdictions including the UK, EU, the CIS, Africa, Australia, North and South America and Asia.
- Advising British independent power company Yü Group plc on a new structured trading agreement with SmartestEnergy.
- Advising HANSAINVEST Real Assets on the mezzanine financing of a SUNfarming Group PV portfolio with 116 MWp and 85 PV parks in Germany.
- Advising British Pipeline Agency (a Shell/BP joint venture) on the property aspects of its operated infrastructure, including its national network of high pressure fuel lines together with its storage and processing facilities.
- Advising Littop Enterprises Limited, Bridgemont Ventures Limited and Bordo Management Limited, three Cypriot companies, in respect of a c.US$6 billion investment treaty arbitration before the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, regarding a breach of the Energy Charter Treaty by the State of Ukraine.
- Acting for Pura Vida Energy NL in its acquisition of a 35% shareholding interest in Gora Energy sp.zo.o and Liesa Energy sp.zo.o. (each of which held an oil concession in Poland) and the implementation of bespoke shareholder and joint venture arrangements, subscription of shares and loan documentation.
- Advising Echo Energy plc, the AIM-quoted exploration and production company, on its acquisition of a 70% working interest in the Santa Cruz Sur Assets in the Austral Basin, southern Argentina from Petrolera El Trebol SA (a subsidiary of Phoenix Global Resources plc).
- Advising Mirabaud Securities Limited, Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited and Cenkos Securities plc on a secondary placing on AIM by way of accelerated book build with secondary sale of existing shares to part fund a US$400 million acquisition of producing gas assets.
Alternative financing 2.0: The next phase of mining funding?
Request a copy