Why choose our Public Policy lawyers?Our team comprises ex-government officials, lawyers and regulators with experience at the national and multi-lateral level, including the negotiation of EU regulations. Working with governments, regulators, corporations and organisations we devise and deliver public policy solutions across a range of sectors. In addition to working with decision-makers in their public policy field we also help clients spot, anticipate and influence regulatory trends. Through analytical planning and risk management, developing communications strategies and leading administrative and judicial intervention we can help you to engage strategically in the political and law making process to ensure that the needs of your business are understood and supported.
From our offices in London, Brussels, Paris, Rome, Frankfurt and beyond, we combine our understanding of the regulatory and policy-making process with our sectoral expertise to help your business navigate the critical intersection of business, law, regulation, policy and politics. Through analytical planning and risk management, developing communications strategies and leading administrative and judicial intervention we can help you to engage strategically in the political and law making process to ensure that the needs of your business are understood and supported.
Notable deals and highlights
- Advising a large telecommunications company on preparing for and engaging on significant UK and EU regulatory changes addressing critical national infrastructure affecting the next generation of the telecommunications industry.
- Assisting a new disruptor service establish itself in the UK. We advised on the regulatory landscape for the new business sector and worked with the company to devise their strategy for engagement with local and central government to help shape the legal and regulatory framework that capitalized on its early market presence.
- Working with one of the world's largest chemical firms to develop a legal, regulatory, political and communications strategy to ensure the cross-EU enforcement of a regulatory quota regime. We worked with business, legislators and civil society to identify and prepare key improvements to the regulatory regime. Engagement with policy-makers was undertaken alongside developing a far-reaching criminal, civil and public law litigation strategy and was coupled with a considered communications and engagement plan to deliver the effective development and enforcement of the regulatory regime.
- Advising a number of trade bodies on the potential impact of Brexit on their sector and key steps for the trade body and its members to take to mitigate the risks of Brexit. We advised on the process and detail of negotiating and drafting Free Trade Agreements and associated legislation and worked with the trade bodies to develop their own proposals and engagement strategy for the sector in both the UK and across the EU.
- We have worked extensively with clients to shape the EU's chemicals legislation, including REACH, restriction of hazardous substances and the fuel quality directive as well as on maters addressing plant protection and biocides.
- Providing strategic, legislative and communications advice to a large extractive company on a significant piece of EU legislation covering all elements of its negotiation – from its inception, negotiation and adoption across the EU institutions, including advice on options for strategic private and state-to-state legal action.