Why choose our Equity Capital Markets lawyers?
We are market-leading specialist equity capital markets lawyers.
We act for over 50 companies quoted on the Official List, AIM, Euronext Growth, Aquis Stock Exchange (AQSE), as well as investment banks, brokers, sponsors and nominated advisers.
Fieldfisher is one of only four firms in the UK to be ranked Band 1 in Chambers & Partners for Equity Capital Markets (AIM).
We have more partners and individuals ranked in Chambers & Partners for Equity Capital Markets (AIM) than any other law firm.
Statistics show that year after year we do more on AIM than any other firm – in each of 2019, 2020 and 2022 we came first by deal volume on AIM.
As of February 2023, we were ranked as the leading adviser to FTSE AIM 100 companies by Adviser Rankings, meaning we act for more of the largest AIM-listed companies than any other firm.
We are award-winning, having been voted 'AIM Team of the Year', and our clients are past winners of 'AIM Transaction of the Year', 'AIM Growth Business of the Year' and 'Best Use of AIM' for transactions we advised on at the annual AIM Awards.
We have excellent and trusted relationships with other advisers, including investment banks, reporting accountants, registrars and financial PR.
Whomever you engage, we will have been through the process many times with them all.
Download: Fieldfisher Equity Capital Markets Wrap 2021
The team is filled with excellent lawyers. Pragmatic, personable and high quality. I could not recommend them highly enough.
All of them are pragmatic, easy to deal with, commercial and always helpful.
Fieldfisher's highly-respected team has a wealth of expertise in equity capital markets work and related corporate transactions.
Our expertise and recent deals
- IPOs on the Main Market, AIM, AQSE, Euronext and Euronext Growth.
- Pre-IPO fundraisings, planning and restructuring.
- Secondary fundraisings (including placings, open offers, vendor placings and retail offers).
- Public takeovers (including advising investment banks and bidders and targets on takeovers of quoted companies in both recommended and hostile situations, by scheme of arrangement and by offer).
- Tender offers, share buy-backs and returns of capital.
- Acquisitions and reverse takeovers.
- "Buy and build" strategies.
- Corporate governance.
- SigmaRoc plc: advised, as UK IPO counsel, AIM-listed SigmaRoc on its £260 million fundraising, reverse takeover of the Finnish limestone producer Nordkalk Oy AB for c.€470 million and re-admission to AIM.
- Saietta Group plc: advised Saietta Group, a developer of innovative electric motors for high-efficiency EV drivetrains, on its admission to AIM and a placing raising £37.5 million, giving Saietta a market capitalisation of c.£102.1 million on admission. We also advised Saietta on its subsequent £23 million placing and joint venture arrangement with Consolidated Metco Inc.
- CleanTech Lithium plc: advised CleanTech Lithium, a mining company with projects in Chile, on its admission to AIM and a placing raising £5.6 million, giving the company a market capitalisation of c.£23.7 million.
- Gelion plc: advised Sydney-based battery technology developer Gelion on its admission to AIM raising c.£16 million through a placing and direct subscription with a further £3 million raised for selling shareholders, giving the company a market capitalisation of £154.4 million on admission.
- eEnergy Group plc: advised AIM-listed eEnergy Group, an integrated Energy Efficiency-as-a-Service (EEaaS) company that helps organisations transition to "net zero", on its £21 million acquisition of UK energy consultancy Utility Team Trading.
- Devolver Digital, Inc.: advised award-winning US video game publisher Devolver Digital on its admission to AIM, the second largest float ever on the AIM market, raising c.US$261 million and giving the company a market capitalisation of c.US$950 million on admission.
- Access Intelligence plc: advised long-standing client Access Intelligence, an AI-based media monitoring business, on the AUS$67 million reverse takeover of ASX-listed Isentia Group, funded by a placing, subscription and primary bid offer raising c.£50 million, and the company's re-admission to AIM with a market capitalisation of c.£155 million.
- First Sentinel Corporate Finance Limited, Novum Securities Limited and Tennyson Securities: advising the joint brokers on a placing to raise £35 million for NFT Investments PLC in connection with the company's listing on the Aquis Stock Exchange Growth Market, giving NFT Investments a market capitalisation of c.£50 million on admission.
- Synairgen plc: advised AIM-listed Synairgen, leading respiratory disease drug discovery company, on an £87 million fundraising to begin the Phase III trial for a potential treatment for Covid-19.
- Stifel Nicolaus Europe Limited and Cenkos Securities plc: advised Stifel and Cenkos on the IPO of GENinCode plc, a genetic testing company specialising in cardiovascular disease detection, raising £17 million and giving GENinCode a market capitalisation of £42 million on admission.
- Tennyson Securities and Novum Securities: advised the joint brokers on the IPO of Cellular Goods plc, a UK-based supplier of biosynthetic cannabinoid (CBD) products, and associated placing raising £13 million giving Cellular Goods a market capitalisation of c.£25 million on admission.
- InnovaDerma plc: advised Main Market-listed InnovaDerma on a placing and open offer raising £4.5 million.
- Panmure Gordon: advised Panmure Gordon as sole broker on a £20 million fundraising for AIM-listed Diurnal Group plc, a pharmaceutical company specialising in chronic endocrine (hormonal) diseases, consisting of a placing, subscription and open offer.
- Marlowe plc: advised AIM-listed business services group Marlowe on its £135 million acquisition of Optima Health Group Limited and a related £130 million secondary fundraising.
- Made Tech Group plc: advised Made Tech, public sector technology delivery experts, on its admission to AIM and a placing raising gross proceeds of £85 million, giving the company a market capitalisation of £180 million on admission.
- CT Automotive plc: advised CT Automotive Group, a leading designer, developer and supplier of interior components to the global automotive industry, on its admission to AIM and a placing raising gross proceeds of c.£33.6 million, giving the company a market capitalisation of c.£75 million on admission.
- Public Policy Holding Company, Inc.: advised PPHC, a leading US government affairs business, on its admission to AIM and placing raising gross proceeds of approximately £30.7 million, giving PPHC a market capitalisation of c.£146.1 million on admission.
Latest Equity Capital Markets and AIM news and views
Sign up to our email digest