When: May 25, 2016
Where: Microsoft Center - rue Montoyer 51 Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels
1. Event Description
AmCham Belgium and its Human Resources Committee are proud to present an inter-active afternoon session focusing on HR issues surrounding the latest data protection rules. The session will look at the rapidly changing regulatory environment, including the latest updates on the newly proposed EU-US Privacy Shield replacing the Safe Harbor agreement; the future General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the impact of these rules on Belgian data protection legislation.
The session will feature a keynote speaker who will present the latest development and in particular, the impact of these developments on US-based companies doing business in Belgium. It will be followed by a concise session outlining the new rules of the EU-US Privacy Shield and how GDPR will affect the practice of HR practitioners.
The main session will be an interactive panel discussion featuring (an) HR manager(s), in-house data protection officer and an expert advisor. The panel will share their experience and key learnings as well as respond to participant’s questions. The focus of this session will be to offer real-life insights based on first-hand experience dealing with data protection issues in the work environment. The session will be followed by an opportunity for networking and cocktails.
Issues to be addressed:
- Will the new EU-US Privacy Shield offer a satisfactory solution to trans-Atlantic data transfers?
- Main changes introduced by the GDPR that will impact on HR
- Employee data management and privacy concerns
- The intersection between data privacy and employer interests in the workplace
2. Event details
- 2:45 – 3:00 p.m.: Registration
- 3:00 – 3:10 p.m.: Welcome Remarks
- 3:10 – 3:30 p.m.: Keynote Speaker, Anthony Gardner, US Ambassador to the EU
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m.: The impact of the EU-US Privacy Shield, the GDPR on HR practices, Mr. Tim Van Canneyt, Partner, Fieldfisher
- 4:00 – 4:15 p.m.: Coffee Break
- 4:15 – 5:30 p.m.: Panel Discussion and Q&A, moderated by Mr. Tanguy Van Overstraeten, Partner, Global Head of Linklaters’ Privacy and Data Protection Practice
- Mr. Patrick Van Caudenberg, HR Director EMEA, Donaldson
- Mr. Frederik Peels, Legal Counsel, ExxonMobil
- Ms. Joëlle Jouret, Legal Advisor, Belgian Privacy Commission.
- Other panelists to be confirmed
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.: Networking reception