Why choose our Trade Mark lawyers?
Fieldfisher's team of international, highly-qualified specialists is able to advise clients on everything to do with trade marks. Our clients are predominantly medium-sized businesses and global players across a variety of sectors in Europe, the US and Canada.
The Fieldfisher team of experts helps its clients define the best possible intellectual property protection strategy based on the company's economic interests and of course ensures that it is effectively implemented.
We begin with collaborating to select a trade mark and company name and carry out extensive global research in order to avoid conflict with third party trade marks. The same applies to protecting your designs.
Competition also requires that your trademark portfolio and its effective defence against conflicts are monitored. We employ specialised monitoring programmes in order to inform you about impending conflicts and provide you with suggestions on how to deal with such cases effectively.
In cases where disputes are unavoidable, we will defend your Intellectual Property rights out-of-court and before the national and European courts. This is addition to administrative proceedings, particularly before the German Regional and Higher Regional Courts, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJEU), the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) and the Federal Patents Court (BPatG).
Further key aspects of our work in this regard include:
- Domain dispute proceedings before the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Centre
- Domain dispute proceedings before the ADR Court for .eu-Domains
- Border confiscation proceedings in the EU regarding plagiarism and parallel imports
- Commercialisation of your intellectual property rights
- Development and negotiation of license agreements
- Due diligence and contract negotiations within the context of Mergers and Acquisitions.