Skip to main content
Case Study

Exposed to asbestos as apprentice electrician

Tony Andreetti was exposed to asbestos whilst working as an apprentice electrician for City Electrical (CEC) Limited at various sites around London between 1961 and 1967. He was diagnosed with mesothelioma in May 2012 as a result of this.

The company no longer exists but Caroline Pinfold. who conducted his claim for compensation, was able to obtain an admission of liability from the current ultimate holding company AMEC Plc. Interim payments were obtained to enable Tony to pay for expenses resulting from the asbestos-related condition and also to go on cruises with his family whilst he felt well enough to do so. The photograph was taken during one of those cruises.

Sadly Tony's wife had breast cancer and passed away in March 2013. The mesothelioma prevented Tony from making arrangements with various care services on behalf of his wife as he would have wished and the claim included the cost of a case manager to make the necessary arrangements on his behalf.

The claim settled during Tony's life which has enabled him to make arrangements on how he wishes to use the money.

Tony said:

"Caroline was always available throughout the litigation process. She was polite, sensitive and professional in her conduct. My best interests were her prime concern."

Sign up to our email digest

Click to subscribe or manage your email preferences.

SUBSCRIBE