Our medical negligence solicitors specialise in legal claims where there has been an unnecessary delay in diagnosing an illness. This delay can have devastating consequences, for example, a delay in diagnosing meningitis can be fatal and a delay in diagnosing cancer can reduce life expectancy.
Our specialist team has many years experience in pursuing these types of claims and have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that you receive the best compensation possible.
While most medical professionals provide the right diagnosis, there are occasions when the diagnosis of your medical condition is delayed.
Common causes of delayed diagnosis include:
- Failing to read or report on an X Ray
- Reading an X Ray, but failing to spot a fracture
- Failing to respond to test results
- Failing to refer for treatment at an early stage
- Failing to prescribe medication at an early stage
Common areas of delayed diagnosis:
- Cancer (all types including breast cancer and cervical cancer)
- Misdiagnosis by a GP over a long period
- Delayed diagnosis in Accident & Emergency when treatment may be time critical
Browse our recent delayed diagnosis cases.
Latest news and insights
Read the latest news and insights from our medical negligence team.
Medical Negligence Review
Download our latest Medical Negligence Review, featuring our case highlights over the past year.Download
Awards and recognition
We are recognised in all the leading legal directories and regularly win industry awards for our work with clients.