Why choose our Public Law and Judicial Review lawyers?
Clients come to us for our specialist experience and expertise acting for claimants, respondents, interested parties and interveners in judicial review cases. We always have ongoing cases at the Administrative Court, Court of Appeal and from time to time at the Supreme Court.
We can support you at any stage of proceedings whether a long time prior to the making of key decisions, at a pre-action protocol stage or later in the day when challenges must be brought or applications for permission resisted. We can help behind the scenes to pre-empt challenges working on governance or consultation.
Clients can rely on us to give clear advice and the team, led by recognised senior practitioners that have been top-tiered ranked in Public and Administrative law for many years in the legal directories.
Notable deals and highlights
- We defended a public authority in the Administrative Court and Court of appeal in relation to its new website and decisions it had taken about how information about its regulated community would be displayed to the public. Alongside the litigation we supported the consultation stages and helped with the preparation of Board papers for decision making.
- We resisted a number of challenges to a £200m annual industry levy, helping our client to retain industry confidence at a time when it faced skills and numbers shortages.
- We defended the FCA PPI deadline, securing crucial regulatory outcomes at speed to enable the PPI redress scheme to an orderly conclusion.
- We successfully supported the Birmingham Coroner's decision as to the scope of the inquest for the Birmingham Pub Bombings
- We intervened in Supreme Court on behalf of a regulator who had an interest in a case that considered the relative roles of employment tribunals and judicial reviews against regulatory decisions involving discrimination claims.
Latest Public Law and Judicial Review news and views
Sign up to our email digest