It is therefore critical that businesses have lawyers who can advise on proper health and safety policies and ensure a genuine health and safety culture, driven from the top. Our lawyers are experienced in preparing and reviewing health and safety policies with the aim of ensuring that they are as robust, comprehensive and as practical as possible. Similarly, we understand the importance and the necessity for proper risk assessment procedures and advise clients accordingly.
Why choose our Health and Safety lawyers?At Fieldfisher, we offer clients a 24-hour incident response and can be on the scene very quickly, advising the Board or senior management whilst an investigation gets underway. When an accident occurs which may involve a fatality or serious injury, companies need quick incident response advice on how to deal with the immediate aftermath.
Even for accidents that do not result in an investigation, clients wish to promptly understand why an accident occurred. This is why we frequently conduct internal investigations for clients in response to health and safety incidents, whilst providing commercially practical advice on how to prevent similar accidents.
For accidents involving death or serious injury, the potential for prosecution is high. We are experts at defending companies and other organisations in health and safety and corporate manslaughter prosecutions. We are also experienced in advising and representing companies in concurrent coroner inquests as well as any civil proceedings that follow.
We offer clients a before-and-after the event service, providing a one-stop-shop to deal with all health and safety issues that may emerge. Our dedicated and responsive team are on hand to support and address challenges every step of the way.
Notable deals and highlights
- We advised a US company bringing a device designed to prevent terrorist contamination of water to the European market, helping it to understand the effect of EU safety legislation.
- We are advising a global travel company on its health and safety compliance obligations.
- We advised a multinational oil and gas company launching a new consumer motor oil product throughout Europe, South America and China, dealing with relevant safety legislation in all launch countries.
- We acted for a well-known travel company subject to cross-border investigations as a result of overseas deaths.
- We advised a leading manufacturing company in relation to an investigation by the Health & Safety Executive resulting from a fatality.
- We advised various organisations in relation to health and safety compliance.
- We advised a local government body in the aftermath of a fatal transport accident.
- We acted for a multinational digital agency in an internal investigation following a serious health and safety incident.
- We provided ongoing advice to a client in the diet programmes market, including on complicated health and safety issues and reputational issues.