Firefighters noticed the machine contained the deadly mineral and actioned a higher-scale response because of the danger posed.
The fire broke out at a factory in Westbury run by Audience Systems, which makes stadium seats. The plant was built in 1985.
When the processing oven caught fire, the building in Washington Road, West Wilts Trading Estate, was evacuated.
Two fire engines from Trowbridge and one from Warminster initially attended, and emergency workers discovered asbestos in the oven which triggered a major response because of the safety risk.
The building was then checked for traces of asbestos by inspectors.
Audience Systems managing director Mark Cowley said the damaged machine was sealed up and that staff had returned to work following safety checks being carried out.
He said: "The building has been handed back to us and we have made alternative paint coating arrangements for the foreseeable future."
Sign up to our email digest