Why choose our Pensions Disputes lawyers
Clients choose to work with us because of our breadth of experience and flexibility. No matter the nature or forum of the dispute, we have the relevant expertise. We help sponsors, trustees and representative beneficiaries in pension disputes in all forums, including the Pensions Ombudsman, the High Court and a scheme's own disputes resolution procedure. We can also act as expert witnesses.
Our clients say that we explain complex issues and court practice in a clear and straightforward way. We are experts at balancing the commercial risks against the potential costs of litigation and helping clients to a resolution which best meets their objectives.
Our work includes:
- Rectification of scheme rules
- Disputes about benefits
- Possible negligence by advisers
- Faulty equalisation of benefits
- Pension scams
- Breach of duties by Trustees
We understand that clients want to avoid burdensome litigation, and luckily most disputes do not end up in court. It is very important to us to help clients avoid disputes escalating into formal proceedings.
Recent notable cases
- Re Gleeds Retirement Benefits Scheme – acting for representative beneficiary on ineffective changes to benefits
- KeyMed (Medical and Industrial Equipment) Limited – acting for sponsor in claim for breach of fiduciary duties
- Acting for trustees of various schemes in negligence claims against professional advisers and administrators
- Smithson v Hamilton – acting for representative beneficiary on rectification of scheme rules
- Re Hogg Robinson Pension Scheme – acting for representative beneficiary on rectification of scheme rules
- Acting as expert witness on what was an acceptable standard of legal advice in a professional negligence case