Why choose our Pensions Disputes lawyers
We advise employers and scheme trustees on all types of pension disputes, from member complaints under a scheme's internal disputes resolution procedure and claims before the Pensions Ombudsman to large scale litigation in the High Court.
We also act on applications to the court to rectify scheme rules that contain errors or to give directions to the trustees. We are particularly known for advising the representative beneficiaries who are usually needed in such cases.
Recent notable cases
- Advising a multi-national employer on a dispute with former directors over the establishment and management of a senior executive pension scheme of which they were the sole trustees and members, including allegations of breach of directors' duty
- Advising a representative beneficiary on a claim for rectification of the scheme rules dealing with the rate of increases for pensions in payment where an intended change had not been reflected in a deed of amendment
- Advising a financial services company over potential claims following an alleged failure in administration leading to tax free lump sums being incorrectly calculated
- Advising a representative beneficiary on an application for directions regarding the entitlement of members under a scheme where a series of amending deeds over a number of years had not been properly executed and were potentially ineffective
- Advising an employer in connection with a section 75 debt certificate issued to it by the trustees of a scheme for non-associated employers