Why choose our Arbitration lawyers?Our arbitration lawyers work closely with each client to formulate the best possible strategy to protect their position and resolve the dispute. We advise on the selection of arbitrators, the appropriate seat and institutions, the use of industry experts, and importantly, enforce awards against identified assets. We are also familiar with and well-known to third-party funders, should a client wish to take advantage of funding options.
Members of our team regularly appear as counsel or sit as arbitrators under the rules of most major arbitration institutions and have been appointed to leadership positions with various arbitral institutions and organisations. These include ICC International Court of Arbitration Deputy Counsel (Paris), member of the peer review editorial board for ICSID Review, faculty member of HKIAC Tribunal Secretary Accreditation Programme, Global Advisory Board for ICDR Young & International, member of ICCA Publications Committee, committee member of The CIArb (Singapore branch) and secretary of RCAN.
Our arbitration lawyers exclusively handle high-value international arbitrations. Financial institutions, global corporations, high-net-worth individuals and state-owned entities instruct us to advise on disputes across all business sectors and in all major arbitral centres, including London, Paris, Stockholm, Singapore and Washington DC.
With our extensive experience and depth of arbitration expertise, clients trust us to achieve the best outcome wherever the dispute.
- We acted for Littop Enterprises Limited, Bridgemont Ventures Limited and Bordo Management against Ukraine in an investment arbitration brought in the SCC under the Energy Charter Treaty. The claim relates to investments made into Ukraine's biggest oil and gas company. This is the largest and most high profile dispute in the host State.
- We acted for successful Cypriot investors against Ukraine state-owned gas company, Naftogaz.
- Our team represented the Dutch investor Gilward Investments B.V. against Ukraine. This is an investment treaty arbitration under the ICSID rules. It concerns the expropriation of the claimant's shares in a Ukrainian airline.
- We acted for four interlinked public international law Bilateral Investment Treaty claims on behalf of successful Claimant investors under UNCITRAL Rules, Hague seat, relating to real estate investments made in the host State (Russia).
- We represented Georgian claimants in the first emergency arbitrator interim injunction application relying on MFN clause under the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce Rules.
- We acted for a claimant oil trader in respect of multi-million dollar dispute before the LCIA.
- We acted for the applicant in a recent successful challenge to an LCIA tribunal's award in the English High Court under s.68(2)(d) of the Arbitration Act 1996. On application a key liability issue was remitted back to the eminent three member Tribunal and amended in July 2018 as a result of the court’s order.