Our expertise in this sector is acknowledged by clients and legal directories alike. Our specialist hotels and leisure lawyers are drawn not just from franchising, but also our corporate, employment, finance, franchising, intellectual property, real estate, tax and technology groups, creating a genuine one stop shop for clients in this sector.
Why choose our Hotels and Leisure lawyers?
We advise on a wide range of matters from across the hotel and leisure sector, across the world. We have been involved in transactions involving hotels, serviced apartments, casinos, bingo halls, food and beverage outlets and holiday travel companies.
Our clients range from large multinationals through to entrepreneurs. We act for brand owners, leisure operators, financiers and investors and hotel and leisure developers.
With our network of offices, alliances and foreign-qualified lawyers, our reach is truly international, built on the strength of our local teams.
Notable highlights include:
- Advising Manhattan Loft Corporation on the development of the mixed-use development of the Grade I listed, former Midland Hotel at St Pancras station, which has been refurbished to comprise 67 luxury apartments and a 244 bed five-star hotel. This development forms the centrepiece of the Eurostar Terminal at St Pancras.
- Advising Gala Coral Group in relation to the real estate aspects of the disposal of their casino division for £180million and their bingo division for £250 million.
- Advising Dominvs Group on the purchase of a central London property for conversion to a 150 bed hotel. Also advising Dominvs Group on the construction and development financing of three other hotels located across the UK.
- Advising Morgans Hotel Group on their hotel management agreements and financing arrangements for the Mondrian, St Martins Lane and Sanderson hotels in London.
- Advising the Wellworth Group of Companies on negotiations with Starwood to enter into a franchise agreement and related key money and design agreements to rebrand its hotels in Tanzania.
- Acting for Interstate Hotels and Resorts on their acquisition of Chardon Management Limited, the holder of a diverse portfolio of hotel management contracts across the UK.
Latest Hotels and Leisure news and views
Sign up to our email digest