Business as usual during COVID-19
Contact our team
Our medical negligence solicitors specialise in nursing negligence claims and have successfully secured compensation in cases involving nursing negligence, errors and mistakes resulting in serious injuries to clients.
Cases vary but, generally, a patient has suffered either mentally, physically or both under the care of a nurse. This may include mistakes by a nurse while assisting in the delivery of a child, failure to provide the correct medication or causing injury by failing to follow procedures and guidelines.
Standards of care
The standard of care provided may result in a nursing negligence case. There are various negligent actions that can result in injury to the patient, including:
- Failure to assess a patient’s condition, including blood pressure, vital signs or blood sugar levels on time
- Inability to take proper action or notify other healthcare professionals when there are significant changes in a patient’s condition
- Medication and/or documentation errors
- Misuse of a medical device
- Failure to record vital information on a patient's chart
- Failure to follow doctor's orders
Negligence occurs when a nurse performs an act deemed below a competence level expected of someone in their position. Consequences to the nurse can range from suspension or firing to malpractice suits and loss of license. Neglect can be intentional or unintentional and can occur for different reasons.
Browse our recent nursing negligence cases.
Latest news and insights
Read the latest news and insights from our medical negligence team.
Medical Negligence Review 2019
DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE REVIEW, FEATURING OUR CASE HIGHLIGHTS OVER THE PAST YEAR.Download
Awards and recognition
We are recognised in all the leading legal directories and regularly win industry awards for our work with clients.