Franchising & General Commercial
- Court of Appeal confirms that post-termination restrictive covenants in a franchise agreement are unenforceable – what are the implications for UK franchising?
- Russia update – Western brands need to be aware of raft of new Russian counter-measures which may impact on their exit strategies
- Liquidated damages – recent developments in the case law
- Fieldfisher's Franchising team is proud to once again be ranked Tier 1 by the Legal500
Advertising & Consumer
- Not something to be sniffed at! Ban on advertising prescription only medicines
- An "Eton Mess" – The Government Delays Restrictions to HFSS Food Advertising & Promotions
- Greenwashing - the CMA puts fashion brands under the spotlight
- The heat is on – the CMA investigates consumer practices in the green heating and insulation sector
- Technology is transforming the ASA into a more proactive regulator
- When environmental claims become greenwashing
- New consumer protection rules in the Netherlands
- Keeping your "Royal" House in Order – Things to consider as a Royal Warrant holder
Sonal Patel Oliva (director) returned to the team in May, following maternity leave.
The Franchising and Regulatory teams hosted a webinar on the new Vertical Block Exemption Regulations in the EU and UK and looked at the new updated rules which apply to franchise systems operating in the UK and EU. Watch webinar.
Gordon Drakes, David Bond and Vicky Reinhardt attended the IPSEF conference for international private schools in June.
David Bond, Kate Williams and Rachel Bowley attended the National Franchise Exhibition in Birmingham in October.
Vicky Reinhardt attended the Annual Hotel Conference in Manchester in October.
Gordon Drakes will be attending the ABA Annual Forum on Franchising in San Diego this November.
David Bond and Sonal Patel Oliva will be attending the Marketing Law Conference in Miami this November.
We are proud to maintain our Legal 500 rankings for our franchising and advertising practices and individual mentions for our team members. We would like to thank our clients for their continued support. It is our pleasure to work with you.
Sign up to our email digest