He worked alongside laggers who were mixing and applying lagging paste and he worked alongside plumbers who were ripping off old pipework and disturbing lagging in the process. As an apprentice he helped the plumbers and he himself demolished and removed existing pipe work and in this way he was exposed to asbestos dust. Although he remained in the building trade for the rest of his life he was never again exposed to asbestos.
Oliver developed a cough in September 2006. His condition deteriorated and in December 2006 Oliver was told that he had mesothelioma. Sadly, in May 2007 he died.
Andrew Morgan was contacted by Oliver and acted for him, and then for his widow. Andrew was able to prove and obtain full compensation even though Oliver’s brief period of exposure occurred more than 50 years previously.
- You can speak to our asbestos disease lawyers on freephone 0800 358 3848
- email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the short online enquiry form
All enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you including no win, no fee.
Sign up to our email digest