Why choose our Data and Privacy lawyers?
Our privacy team is a recognised market leader in its field and is highly sought after for its ability to navigate complexity and deliver straightforward, actionable advice.
Many of the world's leading corporations work with us to provide both ongoing counsel and advice as well as support on novel issues, launching new products and entering new markets.
Whether it's working on global privacy projects, GDPR compliance, product and services related issues such as data transfer, data protection impact assessments, processor arrangements or data sharing and policies our team has the experience and deep legal knowledge to help you navigate the complex and fast-changing compliance landscape.
Our team aligns itself across three broad privacy pillars
We advise our clients on policies, procedures and practices to ensure their operational processes are compliant with data protection requirements. We can also advise on the wide range of practical and strategic implications presented by operational compliance issues.
We work with some of the largest and most sophisticated companies in the world on commercial and product-related data protection work. This means we can guide clients to achieve their commercial and product-oriented goals in a way that provides effective protection for individuals’ data.
Recent legislation has introduced new requirements for reporting cyber security incidents to both regulators and to affected individuals. At the same time, it has removed barriers for individuals making requests to access significant volumes of data. We can help our clients prepare for these risks and mitigate for them as and when they arise.
Notable deals and highlights
- We successfully counselled multiple organisations through the process of multiple binding corporate rules applications - both pre- and post-GDPR, and across multiple different Member States as lead authority.
- Our team advised clients on post-GDPR regulatory investigations across a number of European Member States.
- We managed large volume subject access requests (SARs or DSARs) for clients in the public and private sectors.
- We provided commercial contracting support to a wide range of leading, household brand clients in the run-up to GDPR, ensuring that their customer and vendor contracting templates were GDPR-compliant, and helping to push those contracts out and negotiate them through to completion successfully. This work was completed both within our team and also using our Condor solution for high volumes.
- The team managed a large cyber security incident for a multinational business, which resulted in extensive review of potentially compromised data. We supported the client through its communications to the regulatory, staff and affected data subjects.
- We advised on privacy issues in the Internet of Things (IoT) for multiple clients including connected toys, vehicles and homes.
- Our team provided data protection officer services for clients in the tech, pharma, retail and leisure industries.
- We advised a media business on the compliant collection and monetisation of viewing information.
- We advised various ad tech businesses on their compliance with e-privacy and GDPR consent requirements, and in connection with regulatory enquiries into online advertising practices.
Get Data Protection Fit, Modular Training Programme
Latest Data and Privacy news and views
Sign up to our email digest