Why choose our FinTech experts?
Fintech at Fieldfisher is more than just a department or sector, it is a firm-wide focus and our strategy is to provide value to our FinTech clients over and above 'traditional' legal advice.
We provide leading financial services, corporate, regulatory, technology and privacy law expertise to help firms deal with all manner of FinTech opportunities and challenges. Around 40% of our lawyers focus on the finance and technology sectors, so you can be confident we have a large team that understands the markets it operates in.
We act for a wide variety of institutions, FinTech businesses, new start-ups and crowdfunding platforms across Europe, helping them develop and expand new markets. Our wide client base gives us unique insights into these markets, and enables us to provide practical advice on fund raising, regulatory hurdles, commercial models, contracting approaches and emerging best practice.
Our FinTech group, led by Simon Briskman, brings together partners who specialise in fund-raising and M&A, blockchain, payments services, peer-to-peer-lending, receivables finance, open banking technology, cloud, outsourcing, regulatory and privacy work.
Our insights can help manage your risks and minimise the uncertainty that new and complex technologies bring with them.
Our lawyers work across specialisms and offices to provide clients with fintech advice and have a long record of accomplishment in supporting our clients to expand their businesses:
- Advising UPG plc on its acquisition of Payment Company gmbh (a German payment processing company) and its separate acquisition of Accept Cards Limited (an electronic payment solutions provider)
- Advising the shareholders of Currencies Direct on the Corporate and FS regulatory aspects of the £300m sale of this foreign exchange payments business, to Palamon Capital Partners and Corsair Capital
- Advising RBC Capital Markets on a secondary fundraising involving a placing of new shares in AIM listed Globo PLC, raising approximately £24 million. The funds raised will be used by Globo to accelerate its mobile apps platform, Go!Enterprise, in the US and Western Europe and expand its Mobility Business Solutions division
- We helped Atom Bank successfully negotiate with Google to put its entire core banking systems into the Google cloud in a manner acceptable to Google and in which the FCA was content
- Advising a major investment based crowdfunding site on how best to expand its regulatory position to suit its developing business needs
- Advice to crowdfunding platform Crowdbnk on its establishment and business model
- Advising on an insurance company and asset management subsidiary on outsourcing of all investment management to a mainstream player and related transfer of wrap products and clients to a platform offering
- Acting for Charles Stanley Securities on the placing of ordinary shares by AIM and ESM listed company First Derivatives plc, a provider of software and consulting services to the capital markets industry, raising £13.3m
Latest news and insights
What others say...
"They are up-to-date, involved, and know what's going on with the tech. They took the time to understand what I was doing and what was needed legally to make it happen."
"Creative in their approach, which got us the solution we needed."
"Fieldfisher's FinTech group stands out for its commitment to advising start-ups and growth scale companies in the digital payments and banking space, on all aspects of their development, including fundraising, PSD2 compliance and implementation, cross-border regulatory issues, market access requirements, commercial contracts and cloud banking.
"Outside of this core area the team has further expertise in the areas of blockchain, p2p lending, M&A and data privacy."
Sign up to our email digest