Our medical negligence solicitors have specialist experience in cardiac negligence claims. Our experienced team has won many cardiac-related cases recovering substantial damages for our clients on a 'no win, no fee' basis.
What is a Cardiac Negligence
The term cardiac simply means 'related to the heart' and cardiology refers to dealing with disorders of the heart.
Common conditions include:
- high blood pressure (hypertension)
- ischaemic heart disease, including angina and heart attacks (myocardial infarction)
- abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias)
- left heart failure (pulmonary oedema)
The majority of heart/cardiac operations in the UK are successful but sometimes things do go wrong and mistakes can have devastating effects.
We have won cardiac negligence claims in instances where:
- a heart attack was misdiagnosed, usually as gastritis/indigestion
- a delay in adequate treatment of high blood pressure caused injuries
- a failure to treat heart failure properly caused injuries
- failure to manage an arrhythmia appropriately, including following a cardiac arrest
Mistakes can be serious leading to brain damage, other serious injury and, on occasion, death.
Browse our recent cardiac surgery negligence cases.
Latest news and insights
Read the latest news and insights from our medical negligence team.
Medical Negligence Review
DOWNLOAD OUR LATEST MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE REVIEW, FEATURING OUR CASE HIGHLIGHTS OVER THE PAST YEAR.Download
Awards and recognition
We are recognised in all the leading legal directories and regularly win industry awards for our work with clients.