Why choose our Commercial Fraud lawyers?
We are specialists in uncovering and pursuing fraud by conducting internal and external investigations, both domestically and globally. We work with the most experienced private investigators and forensic accountants in order to determine the nature of the fraud, the people responsible and where assets will be located for recovery.
When it comes to recovery, our lawyers are experienced in commercially complex, high value fraud cases and global asset tracing. We obtain worldwide freezing orders, search orders, disclosure orders or other similar relief from the English Courts in support of domestic and foreign proceedings. We also have an expert understanding of the interplay between multiple linked proceedings, arising in fraud cases - civil, criminal, regulatory and disciplinary.
- We investigated a multi-national trade fraud, obtained a worldwide freezing order for $100m in the English Courts in support of proceedings in Italy, and coordinated enforcement of that order in Luxembourg and the US.
- We acted to successfully protect a UK listed company where allegations of fraud against a director led to a large claim from a foreign bank.
- We acted for a travel company to recover all the losses it suffered as a result of a £5m fraud by its former Company Secretary.
- We represented an African oil trading company in $50m fraud proceedings, successfully discharging injunctions in England, Mauritius and South Africa and enforcing cross-undertakings for damages.
- We advised a US company on claims arising out of the purchase of a business via a German intermediary, specifically relating to the misappropriation of funds from an account in Liechtenstein.
- We acted for a high-net-worth individual to recover €15 million stolen from a Cayman Islands account by obtaining a worldwide freezing order in the English Courts and tracing assets in the UK, Italy, Luxembourg and Austria.