Why choose our Energy lawyers?
Predominantly, we assist our clients in energy and infrastructure transactions, most of which are international and cross-border.
We have been involved in 3,800 MW of solar and wind projects both in Europe and internationally and we regularly deal with queries relating to biogas, geothermal, energy efficiency and storage.
Our expert team acts for clients across the renewables and low carbon sector, including institutional investors, financial institutions, project developers and suppliers.
We understand the issues that arise in acquiring, financing and developing large and small scale wind, solar, EfW, storage and biomass projects, and we work collaboratively with our clients to deliver successful projects on time and budget.
Our understanding of the complex financial, regulatory and commercial drivers of renewable projects means we deliver cost-effective and pragmatic legal advice.
Our expertise spans
- Real estate
From Germany we have assisted clients in many markets across the world, and assured that the quality which clients expect is applied to all of those transactions. Our team works seamlessly across our interconnected low-carbon energy hubs in Europe and brings together a blend of private practice and in-house experience to ensure we understand all sides of the renewable project.
Recent deals include:
- Advising KGAL on the acquisition and construction of the Swedish onshore wind farm Bäckhammar from Eolus Vind AB with a total capacity of 130 MW consisting of 31 Vestas turbines and the related corporate PPA.
- Advising KGAL on the acquisition of two onshore wind farms in Sweden – projects Anneberg and Sötterfällan, consisting of 13 turbines.
- Advising ENOVA IPP GmbH & Co. KG in the acquisition of a minority participation in the German offshore wind farm Nordsee One from Innogy SE.
- Advising an institutional investor relating to its participation in a consortium acquiring a majority equity position in the German offshore wind farm Veja Mate.
- Advising an institutional investor regarding its interest in Polish and Armenian renewable projects.
- Advising Hansainvest regarding a mazzanine financing of ENOVA IPP GmbH & Co. KG, an independent power producer acquiring existing onshore wind farms, developments of onshore wind farms and participations in existing on and offshore wind farms.
- Advising Hansainvest relating to the mezzanine financing of an existing solar portfolio of Frankfurt Energy Holding consisting of 30 + Projects with a total capacity of 77 MW.
- Advising ENOVA IPP GmbH & Co. KG relating to a joint venture with EWE and the common acquisition of the repowering onshore wind farm Hohegaste.
- Advising ENOVA IPP GmbH & Co. KG relating to the acquisition of German onshore wind farm Uetze from Windstrom, consisting of five wind turbines from Enercon.
- Advising ENOVA IPP GmbH & Co. KG relating to the acquisition of eight onshore wind farms in Germany from various sellers, in the range from 12 to one turbine per wind farm.
- Advising KGAL on the acquisition of a Finnish wind farm from ABO Wind consisting of eight wind turbines with a total capacity of 26.4 MW to be built in 2016.
- Advising LHI on the acquisition of a portfolio of solar and onshore wind assets in Germany.