Why choose our Cyber Security lawyers?Our multidisciplinary cyber team works across the Fieldfisher network, advising on all issues around cyber-security and defence. We focus on areas as diverse as policies, cyber readiness and training, compliance, breach containment, insurance, litigation and regulatory outreach and defence.
We combine technical excellence with practical understanding to deliver targeted advice and best-fit solutions to our clients. Our extensive experience has seen us advise clients on managing hundreds of data breaches and we have worked with some of the world's largest organisations on their cyber security approach – both on their internal strategies and with service providers.
Should the worst happen we can provide a co-ordinated team to provide fast, effective advice to best help you defend your organisation and your stakeholders.
Our work includes regulatory requirements across privacy, network infrastructure, financial services and government.
From our experience, cyber security is not only about having compliant policies and notifying breaches to regulators when required by law. Clients need practical advice on what other companies do in terms of best practice and what issues regulators will or will not tolerate.
Increasingly, businesses need a range of complementary services, including:
- Advice on directors' duties and data governance
- Assistance in reviewing their insurance policies and considering what coverage they should have or what they should commit to in their customer and supplier contracts
- HR support in order to monitor threats affecting employees, investigating incidents and, where necessary, taking disciplinary action
- Help ensuring that best practices are implemented in information security in transactions, including appropriate diligence in mergers and acquisitions, financing arrangements and technology and commercial contracts
- Advice on sector-specific regulation that builds on general privacy laws, including regimes in areas such as financial services and telecommunications
- Assistance in managing disputes that arise as a result of cyber security incidents and loss of data
- Advice on cyber security certification regimes, including the EU's new Cybersecurity Act
- Help with specialist cyber security contracts, ranging from penetration testing through to broader outsourcing information security and security operations services
- Advice on mergers and acquisitions and financings of specialist cyber security businesses
Sign up to our email digest