Why choose our Defamation and Privacy lawyers?
Our dedicated lawyers work independently and with leading sets of media law barristers. Our specialists have appeared on TV, radio and in the press giving their expert views on notable defamation cases and privacy issues. Many cases on which we have been instructed have changed the law in these areas.
We are often instructed at short notice to seek and resist pre-publication injunctions and provide fast, commercial, strategic advice to protect our clients' best interests. We also secure take-downs, apologies and damages as well as advising publishers on various claims and applications in relation to defamatory user-generated content and other matters.
Our clients include public authorities, professional bodies, companies, media organisations and private individuals.
Notable deals and highlights
- We acted for a client who was hours from being named in an article in a national newspaper that alleged she was about to be charged with manslaughter. It was untrue, so we got an injunction to stop it.
- We represented a member of the royal family of a European Country regarding inaccurate stories on a French TV channel.
- We advised a client who was to be the subject of a very negative article in the national press. After discussions with us, the newspaper instead printed a positive article, generating free publicity for our client.
- We represent a Premier League footballer who is a popular target for the press. We have successfully acted for him in various proceedings against newspapers and websites.
- We acted for the claimant in the first substantive English Court decision on the issue of 'serious harm' following the introduction of the Defamation Act 2013.
Latest Defamation and Privacy news and views
Sign up to our email digest