Welcome to the EU Regulatory Bulletin.
This newsletter is issued by our Brussels EU Regulatory & Competition team, which specialises in the regulatory aspects of chemicals (REACH), biocides & pesticides.
In this edition:
Nano, Food & Risk Assessment
- EFSA issued a draft Guidance on risk assessment concerning potential risks arising from applications of nanoscience and nanotechnologies to food and feed. Read more >
Lost in Definition : EU-level efforts to define nanomaterial
- The nano sector is a fast growing industry branch, however, an agreement on what is understood by the term "nanomaterial" does not exist... Read more >
The EU bans Bisphenol A in baby bottles
- After months of discussion, the Commission decided to ban BPA use in polycarbonate baby bottles. Read more >
New EU Framework for Cross Boarder Health Care
- In order to provide clarity and legal certainty as well as support for co-operation between national health care systems, the Commission established a long-awaited EU framework to ensure cross-border access to health care services. Read more >
When is waste no longer waste?
- The first end-of-waste Regulation has been published setting such criteria for iron and steel scrap and for aluminium scrap. Read more >
For further information, please contact us.
Sign up to our email digest
Click to subscribe or manage your email preferences.