Why choose our Corporate, M&A and Private Equity lawyers?
Our Corporate, M&A, and Private Equity lawyers have extensive experience in providing counsel and litigation assistance. The department advises not only buyers, sellers, financial advisors and loaners, but also investment funds and the officers and corporate bodies (councils and committees) of the companies involved, in all matters related to their corporate needs.
In the context of cross-border matters, the Paris team can rely on the expertise of the firm's other offices in London, Germany, Italy, Spain and the United States, thus enabling it to support its clients from A to Z outside the strict French legal framework.
Our lawyers' expertise spans the following areas:
- Advising listed and unlisted companies, overseas corporations, multinationals, SMEs and ETIs in a wide variety of economic sectors
- Structuring of domestic and international mergers and acquisitions
- Supporting French and foreign companies in external expansion, restructuring, spin-offs, carve-outs, investments and divestments and governance
- Acting for all types of private equity funds
- Leveraged buyout acquisitions, venture capital investments
- Restructuring, refinancing, management packages
- Sale, recapitalization, stock market listings
- Senior debt, mezzanine funds, structured products
- Drafting and negotiation of the legal documentation
- Assistance on pre-litigation procedures such as post M&A litigation, directors' liability, relationships between partners, white-collar crime, outsourcing and insolvency procedures
Our Corporate, M&A and Private Equity lawyers work closely with other specialist departments of the Paris office, notably in competition, regulatory, litigation, tax, labour, insolvency, banking and finance, employment, IP/IT according to customers and the operation requirements.
- We advised Parts Holding Europe (PHE) and its digital subsidiary DIGITAL AUTO PARTS HOLDING, on its acquisition of a majority stake in Oscaro. Parts Holding Europe (PHE) is a leading independent distributor of spare parts for light vehicles and heavy goods vehicles in Western Europe. For this matter, the Corporate, M&A and Private Equity team worked closely with other Paris office departments, such as competition, restructuring, IP/IT, tax and employment, as well as with the Brussels office, showcasing its ability to assist clients on large scale projects.
- We advised Monoprix in the acquisition of Sarenza. This acquisition, which aimed to complete the offering of Monoprix, and position it as an omnichannel lifestyle leader (fashion, home, beauty), was part of its digitalization strategy. It was also to consolidate Sarenza’s future by integrating it into a large retail group, which is particularly active in urban areas. For this acquisition, the team was assisted by several Paris departments such as IP/IT, competition and distribution.
- We advised AwoX in its acquisition by signature of a SPA (sell and purchase agreement), of the Belgian Chacon Group, a key European player in electrical equipment and home automation systems. AwoX specialises in smart devices and Smart Home technologies. Performing this work for AwoX demonstrated Fieldfisher's ability to work on cross-office and cross-practice cases by combining the expertise of various partners across different locations.
- We assisted TCR Capital (now Abénex) and Galiena PE in the sale of Groupe SET Environnement to Sofival by way of a secondary LBO. Founded in 1986, SET Environnement is a leading player in asbestos removal on commercial and industrial buildings.