Why choose our Commercial and Distribution lawyers?
In a globalised market economy, the sale of goods and services requires a different approach. At the same time, standard commercial and distribution laws are becoming increasingly complex and specialised.
Professional advice is therefore particularly important to your success, whether on setting up a distribution system, on procurement or on questions of financing and payment security.
Fieldfisher has been active in commercial and distribution law for many years. We develop economically sensible and legally secure solutions, which enable you to implement and further develop your purchasing and sales system.
We offer insights on competition law, product liability and product safety law as well as relevant special laws in the area of highly regulated products and industries.
If necessary, we draw on the expertise of our colleagues from other practice groups (IT/data protection, IP, antitrust law, litigation, finance). We also provide support in the legal setup of a company's international sales structures, whether through the establishment of representative offices, branches, subsidiaries or joint ventures.
In business practice, legal risks are often overlooked when drafting contracts. Even if contracts contain many operational details, issues requiring legal regulation are frequently omitted. We develop a clear concept of how the chances and risks in a business relationship should be allocated and we implement such concepts for you, avoiding time and cost-intensive legal disputes.
Our services include
Drafting, negotiation and termination of distribution contracts of all kinds, such as:
- Sales agency, distribution, commission agency and franchise agreements
Framework supply, purchase and sales agreements
Works, service and co-operation agreements
Consignment stock agreements
- Setup of distribution systems taking into account antitrust laws
- Drafting of general terms and conditions of sale, purchase and service (B2B and B2C)
- Drafting of general terms and conditions and ordering processes in e-commerce and online trading
- Development agreements
- Consortium or plant construction agreements
- Agreements on financing and payment security
- Questions of payment security and export financing
- Establishment of representative offices, branches, subsidiaries or joint ventures
- Employee and compliance training
- We drafted and negotiated all types of distribution agreements for a leading global manufacturer of opto-digital technologies.
- Our team drafted a model distribution agreement for a worldwide operating manufacturer of beverages.
- We supported the pan-European roll-out of the modified authorized dealership system of a premium car manufacturer.
- We reviewed and revised the sales/distribution system including all related contracts of a large, globally operating dairy company.
- The group revised the contract structures of an exporter in the field of plant construction and technical equipment.
- We gave advice on antitrust law for a well-known stationery manufacturer, in particular in the drafting of distribution co-operation agreements and development agreements.
- We provided comprehensive legal and regulatory advice to an Australian household appliance manufacturer on its market entry in Germany and the EU.