This quarterly update provides an overview of the latest franchising advertising and commercial law news, opinions and developments, which we have published on our FACts blog.
Franchising and General Commercial
Advertising & Consumer
Firm/sector Events and Initiatives
- Retail & Consumer Sector Insolvencies - A European Perspective - In the current economic climate, a party entering into an insolvency process may well be a franchisee, licensee or distributor. Insolvency proceedings are complex and different rules apply across borders. In this overview, our international team has considered frequently asked questions across Germany, Ireland, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and the UK.
- Data Breach Manager - a new service from Fieldfisher - Fieldfisher has joined forces with the forward-thinking Australian legal technology company, Lawcadia, to launch a revolutionary data breach manager service for all organisations with UK & EU data assets. In conjunction with Lawcadia, we have put together a teaser video which will help your company to understand what the Fieldfisher DBM service offers. However, to get a detailed understanding of the advantages and cost savings the product can provide, we can offer a free 30 minute consultation/ demonstration of the service to your company's CEO, infosec officer, DPO or in house legal team. Do get in touch if this is of interest.
- Fieldfisher's Franchising team is proud to once again be ranked Tier 1 by the Legal500 and Chambers & Partners.
- Gordon Drakes has been appointed to the British Franchise Association's Legal Committee, and will advise the BFA on various legal issues and trends which are impacting the franchise sector in the UK.
- Fieldfisher's Advertising & Marketing team is proud to be ranked as one of the leading firms in the sector by Legal 500 being "praised by clients as a team you can ‘rely upon with any issue’". We would like to take this opportunity to thank our wonderful clients for their trust and support. It is a pleasure working with our clients and we look forward to collaborating on more exciting projects in the forthcoming year.
- David Bond, Gordon Drakes and Sara Stewart will be attending the British Franchise Association's Annual Conference in Birmingham on 9 November 2023 and hope to see you there.
- Sonal Patel Oliva recently attended the Beauty Trends & Innovations conference and the Social Media in Beauty day. A great opportunity to meet businesses across the sector and keep up to date with the latest innovations and implementation of trends and social media activity.
Sign up to our email digest