EU Regulatory Bulletin contents
- Data on in-situ biocidal generated substances
- ECHA launches comparison service
- Maximum levels for pesticides
- ECJ judgment on REACH regulation
- Interaction during substance evaluation
- Manufacturer REACH responsibilities
- Candidate List for authorisation
- RoHS2 restricted substances
On 12 December 2013 the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) published a fact sheet with guidance on the concept of a toll manufacturer and its responsibilities under the REACH Regulation. ECHA outlines that a toll manufacturer tends to be a company providing manufacturing services (for a fee) to another company on a contractual basis. Examples of toll manufacturing include the manufacturing of a substance, formulation, blending, separation, distillation and centrifugation. The fact sheet sets out the REACH requirements upon toll manufacturers and the company procuring the tolling service. These requirements relate to a number of issues including the registration of a substance, the provision of safety data sheets (SDSs) and the obligation to keep information.
A link to the fact sheet is provided below.
Sign up to our email digest