Why choose our Employment Disputes lawyers?Our litigation specialists obtain urgent injunctions against former employees and competitors when clients need it most. This stops the abuse of a company's confidential information and prevents unfair competition. Where damage has already been done, we recover compensation for employers.
Our experts have extensive experience advising senior employees on what they can and can't do, and in defending against unreasonable claims of stealing business secrets. This practical advice often makes the crucial difference for our clients. There is a thin line between fairly protecting the business and unfairly preventing competition – everyone should have the right to legally earn a living.
Whichever side of the employment relationship clients are on, with our specialist expertise and that of our employment and pensions advisory team, we help navigate this complex area of law to protect their interests.
Notable deals and highlights
- We successfully obtained an injunction and damages for a recruitment agency in respect of a former employee's breaches of post-termination covenants in her contract of employment which prevented her from soliciting or dealing with its clients for a specified period.
- We acted for a FTSE 100 company in relation to the theft of confidential business information by a competitor through the targeted hiring of that company's employees.
- Our team advised an international company on multi-jurisdictional claims in relation to allegations of misuse of a competitor's confidential information.
- We assisted senior figures in the advertising and executive recruitment sectors to start companies in competition with former employers, fairly taking their clients with them.
- The team advised a senior employee on his post-termination restrictive covenants and exit strategy.
- We advised a senior ex-employee in the entertainment industry in relation to allegations of breach of contract in connection with disputed customer contact lists and database rights.
- Our team advised and represented a whistle-blowing finance director in relation to the alleged misuse of confidential information to expose wrongdoings at the company.
Latest Employment Disputes news and views
Sign up to our email digest