Mr Oliver came to England from Jamaica in the 1960s and worked for various companies before he retired in his mid-60s. While working for Cubitts, Mr Oliver was exposed to asbestos for two or three years at least. Mr Oliver sawed asbestos sheets by hand most days and drilled through fire doors containing asbestos. At the end of each day he would clean up all the dust that accumulated from the day's work. This was all done without any form of protective clothing.
In September 2015, Mr Oliver began to experience breathlessness and collapsed on several occasions. At hospital he was given the news that he was suffering from mesothelioma, a form of cancer of the lining of the lung caused by the inhalation of asbestos dust.
Andrew was instructed and began investigations. There was a complication in that Cubitts' insurer changed during the time that Mr Oliver worked there and Andrew had to establish the relevant insurer at the exact time Mr Oliver was exposed to asbestos. Andrew was able to prove that Mr Oliver was exposed to asbestos throughout his employment by Cubitts and that therefore every insurer involved was liable. This led to a swift settlement before court action became necessary.
- You can speak to our asbestos disease lawyers on freephone 0800 358 3848
- email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the short online enquiry form
All enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you including no win, no fee.
Sign up to our email digest