My main areas of practice
A particular focus is on advising on digital business models. I have many years of experience in developing practicable data protection law solutions for companies (also in the context of external data protection commissioning).
Furthermore, I support the strategic market entry of international companies in the EU. In addition, I advise on employee data protection, supervise official proceedings in the field of data protection law and advise on general commercial contract law issues.
Our clients include tech, e-commerce and media companies.
I am a member of the Fieldfisher Group "Tech meets Finance", CIPP/E and CIPM (IAPP) certified as well as a certified data protection officer and auditor (TÜV®).
I advise our clients in German and English.
A selection of my publications to date:
- 07/2020 Fieldfisher Blog: "500 unlawful marketing emails with insufficient consent cost 1.24 million euros". 500 unlawful marketing e-mails with insufficient consent cost € 1.24 million | Fieldfisher
- 04/2021 Podcast "Masters of Privacy" in collaboration with Katharina Weimer: "In anticipation of the EU ePrivacy Regulation". Masters of Privacy: Katharina Weimer and Kirsten Ammon: In anticipation of the EU ePrivacy Regulation (libsyn.com)
- 04/2021 Privacy Laws&Business (PL&B, No. 170): in cooperation with Katharina Weimer, pp.18-20: "German TTDSG Draft: New solutions to well-known problems?". German TTDSG Draft: New solutions to well-known problems? (privacylaws.com)
- 07/2021 and 07/2022: ICLG.com "Q&A Germany Tech Sourcing 2021 and 2022" in cooperation with Dr. Felix Wittern. Technology Sourcing Laws and Regulations Report 2022-2023 Germany (iclg.com)
- 07/2022 ZdiW 2022, 261-267 "Machine learning im Gesundheitswesen – datenschutzrechtliche Herausforderungen". ZdiW - Zeitschrift für das Recht der digitalen Wirtschaft - Aktuelles | Wolters Kluwer
- 09/23 OneTrust DataGuidance: "EU: Challenges of AI in employment". https://www.dataguidance.com/opinion/eu-challenges-ai-employment
I studied in Hamburg with a focus on "Information and Communication". During my studies and legal traineeship, I gained practical experience in law firms specialising in IT, copyright and media law and/or intellectual property law.
Before joining Fieldfisher, I worked for three months at an international commercial law firm in Sydney, Australia, focusing on data protection and trademark law.