My main areas of practice
One focus is on advising technology providers in the field of online advertising (Adtech) and online platforms. I also specialise in representing my clients in court in cases with a technology background.
My clients are European and global online platform providers, leading ad tech providers and digital business model providers.
Examples of my work include:
- Representing the world's leading trade association for the online advertising industry in a case concerning the admissibility of a standard data exchange protocol
- Legal representation of a leading short video service in a legal dispute in connection with the client's advertising products
- Legal representation of a leading consent management platform in an administrative law dispute concerning data transfer to the US
- Legal representation of the leading social network for professionals in numerous court disputes, including on the blocking of user accounts, user preferences and data usage
- Legal representation of a leading online rating platform regarding the algorithm-based classification of ratings
- Representing the world's leading provider of smart TVs in a legal dispute concerning the use of user data
- Representation of a provider of special software for insurance companies in an IT-law compensation case
- Advising leading ad tech providers on the GDPR, including preparing for an IPO
- Advising leading German publishers on the implementation of regulatory requirements for the implementation of advertising technology
- Representing one of the leading European flight search engines in several competition law disputes concerning the core functionality of the website
- Advising a leading global supplier of medical and camera products on a pan-European IT outsourcing project
- Representation of a major German public publishing house in court proceedings concerning anti-competitive cooperation between a public broadcaster and a private competitor
Furthermore, I advise clients on the drafting and negotiation of IT contracts, such as SaaS contracts, software licence agreements or outsourcing projects.
I advise my clients in German and English.
Together with my colleague Dennis Hillemann, I look after the topic of Artificial Intelligence at Fieldfisher and cooperate with the Artificial Intelligence Center (ARIC).
I also work closely with the German Association for the Digital Economy (BVDW) and the Interactive Advertising Bureau, Inc (IAB, Inc).