My main areas of practice
I develop strategic and pragmatic legal advice for data-driven business models and have several years of experience advising international companies, especially from the digital industry (AdTech, social media, cloud).
My particular expertise lies in the areas of ad tech, digital marketing and international data transfers.
My professional experience includes:
- Working with the product teams to develop creative solutions to legal issues
- Practical legal advice on go-to-market strategies
- Data protection assessment of business models and drafting of necessary compliance documentation
- The monitoring of supervisory procedures, both at national and EU level
- Participation in extrajudicial and judicial proceedings related to data protection
- Management of a large number of GDPR compliance projects
- Review and negotiation of licensing, SaaS and IT project contracts, both for private sector companies and in the context of public tenders
My consulting work for companies ranges from start-ups to global advertising platforms to multinational manufacturers of communication technologies.
I advise our clients in German and English.
I am involved in the eco-Verband der Internetwirtschaft e.V. (publishing white papers; organising the "Ladies in Tech" events in Hamburg) and am a speaker at Solutions 2023.
I studied law at the University of Osnabrück and the Westphalian-Wilhelms University of Münster, followed by my legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Dusseldorf.