Why choose our Satellite and Space Projects lawyers?
Thanks to our rich understanding of the sector, clients benefit from receiving best-in-class support from lawyers they can trust. This extends to truly ground-breaking projects – Fieldfisher played a key advisory role in bringing the world's first broadband network to the Arctic.
As a firm, we stand out due to our wide geographical reach and localised knowledge. Working with clients round the globe, our team delivers a seamless international service, co-ordinating the advice required across all relevant jurisdictions and reflecting the cultural dimensions of each situation.
Whether our client is an established operator, manufacturer, space agency, regulator, entrepreneur, financier, investor or satellite user, we have a proven track record of navigating through the transactional and practical issues to a successful conclusion.
Clients benefit from our hands-on, proactive approach in transactions critical to the future growth of their business. With our unique range of experience in the sector and experts who have worked in satellite and space businesses – we are the go-to advisers for transactions in space.
We also have expertise advising on satellite construction, launch services, satellite capacity agreements, financing, joint ventures and orbital slot licensing and regulation. In addition, we advise on regulatory, licensing and market access issues, export controls, satellite broadcasting technology, mergers and acquisitions and disputes.
Notable deals and highlights
- We advised leading international satellite operators on construction, launch, insurance and carriage agreements; multi-jurisdictional regulatory licences and landing rights; market access and regulatory issues relating to strategic joint ventures.
- We acted for a national government on the procurement of its first satellite, including the satellite manufacturing agreement, launch services agreement, orbital slot licensing and financing agreements.
- We advised a hosted payload customer on the financing of the host satellite.
- We acted for the financing banks on the procurement and financing of the first satellite for an emerging markets government, including the satellite construction/launch agreement and orbital slot usage.
- We acted for a major satellite service provider on commercial agreements, export control issues and regulatory matters in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and China.
- We advised the reinsurers on claims relating to the launch of a Russian satellite.