My practice focuses on technology and fintech companies, with an emphasis on US and Japanese inward investment, private equity, venture capital, M&A, equity capital markets and general corporate advice.
My experience as a transactional lawyer includes two years at Deutsche Bank working with technology companies and a year on secondment at US Private Equity fund Citigroup Venture Capital working on large cross-border LBOs.
I am regularly quoted in the business and technology press, commenting on topics such as blockchain, cryptocurrencies, software as a service (SaaS), fintech, sporttech and digital health.
My work typically involves advising clients on various complicated cross-border exits/acquisitions. Recent representative transactions include advising:
- Blue Prism Group PLC on its £80 million acquisition of Thoughtonomy in the RPA space;
- Elektron Technology plc on its disposal of the Bulgin business via a share sale of Elektron Technology UK Limited to Equistone Private Equity for £105 million;
- Quotient Technology Inc. on its acquisition of Elevaate in the e-commerce space;
- A Tier 1 technology consultancy on over 10 acquisitions and post-merger integration;
- Advising part VC-backed Venda Group Limited on the sale of SaaS and e-commerce company Venda Limited to NetSuite Inc.;
- Assisting Tokyo Stock Exchange-listed Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. on its acquisition of Wahanda (now Treatwell);
- Advising Fuse Universal on various Series investments from major US private equity backers and venture debt; and
- Advising various Japanese clients on their European investments/M&A.