Welcome to Rewind, an annual round-up of selected writing from the Fieldfisher Technology and Outsourcing Law Group.
It has been another fascinating year for TMT lawyers and this third edition of Rewind covers topics as interesting as they are diverse.
John Worthy’s arrival has further strengthened our international technology and telecoms expertise. Huw Beverley-Smith and I are contributing regularly to Outsource (outsourcemagazine.co.uk) and some of our columns are also in this edition.
Our data privacy team has swelled in ranks as increased enforcement powers, an unabated interest in security and Europe’s virtually un-meetable cookie rules have come to the fore. We give you a taste of their writing here, but see the team’s privacylawblog.ffw.com if you want to keep up with all the latest in privacy.
We are grateful to all our clients and contacts who work with us on some of the most complex and cutting-edge issues of the day. The imperative to innovate in both private and public sector; the cloud and other new technologies and the constant need to be leaner and quicker are pressing organisations to seek change. The Fieldfisher team looks forward to continuing to support you in 2012.
I hope you find Rewind insightful and interesting. Enjoy!
Please see below for links to the selected articles in this edition of Rewind and other articles written by members of our Technology and Outsourcing Law Group:
- Commoditise or die >
- Turning strategy into practice >
- Making a crisis into an opportunity >
- Mobile contactless payments: finding the right collaboration model >
- CJEU issues key ruling on the liability of online intermediaries >
- Interflora v M&S. It's anyone's game >
- De Beers v Atos Origin >
- Making Open Data real >
- Moving away from model clauses >
- The guessing game >
- Cookie madness >
- The impact of the amended e-privacy directive on e-marketing >
- Data security breaches: getting ready for breach disclosure >
- Is regulation slowing down public cloud adoption? >
- Ofcom consults on the U K's largest ever spectrum auction >
- Joint ventures and orbital slots - finding the right solutions >
- Budget boost for UK space sector >
- Rare knowledge: managing relationships in the information economy >
- Our lawyers in the media >
- Closing remarks >