General Surgery Claims
Our medical negligence solicitors specialise in general surgery negligence and have extensive experience in a wide variety of general surgery claims.
General surgery refers to the following types of claims:
- bowel claims
- abdomen claims
- bile duct claims
- gut claims
- gall bladder claims
- colon claims
- liver claims
- pancreas claims
Our general surgery experience
- a young lady where a delay in diagnosing appendicitis rendered her infertile
- a young RAF pilot who suffered catastrophic brain damage following a delay in treating him after his abdomen became rigid. He was awarded £4.81million.
General surgery negligence
Medical negligence relating to surgery can have devastating effects on patients and sometimes it may even lead to death. Keyhole surgery (laparoscopy) and cosmetic surgery are a common cause of medical injuries during surgery.
We have acted in a wide range of general surgery cases and the most common medical accidents include:
- leaving surgical instruments in the body cavity
- accidentally severing vital blood vessels or nerves
- operating on the incorrect part of the body or the removal of healthy tissue or organs
- carrying out unnecessary surgery as a consequence of a misdiagnosis or confusion involving notes, x-rays or patients themselves
- leaving items in the patient's body after surgery; this can include sponges, swabs and surgical instruments
For further information or if you believe you have a General Surgery claim, please contact us.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Cake sale at Guy’s Hospital for Mesothelioma UK
Fieldfisher helped to raise much needed funds for further mesothelioma research and support by selling lots of tasty treats at a cake sale at Guy's Hospital.
Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment scheme – Time for the Government to increase the Tariff?
Fieldfisher has claimed compensation for those with Mesothelioma for over 30 years. Prior to 6th April 2014 compensation was only available for those employees who could both prove their...
Services to be aware of after a diagnosis of mesothelioma
This overview is intended to provide a general idea of who does what and where you can look for help after a diagnosis of mesothelioma.
Fieldfisher attends the PRASAG Grand Prix Dinner
Senior Associate Bridget Collier attended PRASAG's Grand Prix Dinner, which managed to raise over £37,000 to further the research and support for mesothelioma and asbestos related diseases