I joined the Personal Injury and Medical Negligence team in 2013 and qualified as a Solicitor in 2017.
I act exclusively for Claimants and specialise predominantly in medical negligence claims. My cases are wide-ranging and I have successfully settled claims for clients who have suffered orthopaedic injuries, ophthalmic injuries, delayed diagnosis of cancer and had foreign objects retained in their bodies, amongst other cases. I also act for parents who have very sadly suffered stillbirth or lost their baby shortly after birth due to negligence.
I appreciate litigation can be daunting and bring back difficult memories. I pride myself in being approachable to my clients and sensitive to their injuries and loss. I am passionate about securing compensation for those who have suffered injury as a result of negligence so that funds can be used for treatment and rehabilitation.
I am a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- Six figure sum for mother and father after losing baby at North Middlesex University Hospital
- £375,000 for foreign retained object in body
- Damages of £217,000 when orthopaedic surgeon fails to recognise and repair shoulder injury
- £185,000 for husband where GP negligence leads to early death of wife from hypopharyngeal cancer
- Settlement of £55,000 for woman hit by golf ball in the eye leading to loss of eyesight
- £90,000 for injury to eye due to untreated infection
Comments from clients:
'Nilam was a true professional throughout Sienna's case, she was supportive and always at the end of the phone when we needed her. Our family cannot thank Nilam and Paul enough for everything they have done for us.'
'Nilam was extremely professional and able to convey at all stages what the likely outcomes could be. She was also extremely responsive whenever I had questions and was able to clearly explain to me any legal terms/documents so I could make informed decisions. I would highly recommend Nilam and the services of Fieldfisher.'
What others say…
Nilam Patel is also incredible, a first-class lawyer and no doubt a future big-hitter in the clinical negligence field. She handled my case with great adaptability, overcoming all the challenges we faced.