I am an experienced clinical negligence lawyer in the Manchester medical negligence team and deal with a wide range of medical negligence cases for Claimants.
I have particular experience in dealing with claims arising from brain injuries in both adults and children including cerebral palsy, brain tumours and stroke as well as claims arising from loss of vision / hearing, brachial plexus / erb's palsy injuries, amputation, paediatric orthopaedic injuries (slipped upper femoral epiphysis and hip dysplasia) and surgical injuries.
I am a Clinical Negligence Specialist Panel member of both the Law Society and the Association of Victims of Medical Accidents (AvMA) and am recommended by both Chambers and Legal 500 for clinical negligence work.
Many of the cases I have concluded have settled for in excess of £1 million. Some of my recent cases include settlements for clients for:
- A second avoidable and catastrophic stroke resulting in hemiplegia.
- Pituitary apoplexy and loss of vision as a consequence of a negligent delay in diagnosis a pituitary tumour
- Cerebral palsy as a result of a delay in recognising abnormality on a CTG trace and a consequent negligent delay in proceeding to caesarean section
- Loss of hearing, oscillopsia and cognitive impairment following a delay in diagnosis of meningitis.
- Extensive bowel injury following negligent administration of a medicine into his bowel during surgery.
- A man who suffered brain injury and cognitive impairment as a result of injury arising from surgery for cholesteatoma.
What others say…
Julia Hamilton is commended by market sources for her effective approach to claims, with one source describing her as a "charming yet tough litigator." She regularly represents clients in a range of catastrophic injury cases, with a particular focus on birth and brain injuries, including cerebral palsy.
Julia Hamilton has considerable experience for her age and is first rate with clients, particularly in complex cases.